Thursday 7 January 2010

jodie cresswell, gunthorpe, uk

artist jodie cresswell has set beauty free, to boldly go...


she writes...

This river passes through the ‘shires and city’s of the midlands where I belong.

The ‘beauty in the city- message in a bottle’ was released New Years Eve at Gunthorpe, Nottinghamshire. Hopefully it will find its way to the North Sea, seeing much beauty as it travels- alone and undocumented. This micro project will only be closed when it has been found.

It has my address & your blog inside – so hopefully it will be recycled by its ‘finder’ and used for their 'beauty in their city'.




I am ever inspired by the ‘passing through of cities’, the glimpses that are lost and remixed in a memory format only. I like the privacy of its capturing and power of its faded reminiscence. I felt my contribution to your project should demonstrate/ actively participate this.
My current practice is investigating: The distance Between



The dialects of here and there has been promoted to the rank of absolutism according to which these unfortunate adverbs of place are endowed with unsupervised powers of ontological determination.
Gaston Bachelard

1 comment:

STRETCHED said...

here there lost everywhere,
it is you that keeps us afloat