Friday 11 December 2009

susana lopez fernandez - berlin, germany 4

the next instalment of susana lopez fernandez's berliner photofest is in. five images which each give us an architectural insight into her view of a great city and as a precursor, some text from susana and music to set her scene.



"It is difficult to forget that day twenty years ago. Now I know that day was my birthday, I remember my mother crying at home, she was excited, I was not able to understand what was happening, I did not know anything about communism or cold war, I just remember I thought I had to study the capital of Germany again. Later they started to sell fragments of the wall... and so twenty years passed, like a tango, and last monday, 9th of november, again one day before my birthay, we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the wall fa

And maybe how Gardel sings "20 aƱos no es nada" ...... and my aim with this project is to study the city of Berlin. I would like to talk through pictures about the integration between the East and the West following German reunification in 1990.

I would like to talk about the integration of these two worlds, about what the consequences of the wall were and what the daily life in the city has been like in the last twenty years. The aim of my projects is to describe through pictures the remains of the eastern Berlin city. I would like to talk through pictures about the two cities I have in my mind: East and West."




window


Oberbaumstrasse


memory


eastbridge


door

No comments: